Thursday February 20
Meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month
Facilitator: Fred Nothnagel
Trinity Episcopal Church
1 Blue Hill River Road, Canton, MA 02021
Look for the outside stairway to the second floor and the WIND Networking sign. At the top of the stairs, take a right and enter the door on the far left.
9:15am: Doors open for Unstructured Open Networking; New Member Registration
10:00am: Announcements, Brief Introductions
10:20am: Unstructured Open Networking & Break
10:30am: Program of the Day
11:30am: Needs, Leads, Resources
12:00 noon Adjourn
*** INCLEMENT WEATHER NOTICE ***
If due to weather Canton schools are closed or delayed (or activities at the schools are cancelled) on the day of a WIND/South meeting, the meeting is cancelled. If schools are open and not delayed, but the weather is a concern, first check this website for updated information. If there is no updated information, feel free to call or text Fred Nothnagel 978-501-4854
Asking Questions That Lead Them to Want More
Engaging your interviewers, networking contacts, recruiters and others whom you need to help you in some way requires getting and keeping their attention.
This is not a slam dunk in our demanding age of e-mail barrages, social media and increasingly urgent business matters.
At WIND South on the 20th Fred Nothnagel will present and lead a discussion on how to engage your audiences by asking questions which not only can get you information, but can leave them wanting to know more.
You’ll come away with knowing:
- How to determine the questions that will pique the other person’s interest
- How to identify lead-ins that will “grab” them 10 seconds
- How to ask graciously and with appropriate deference to their knowledge of their business and profession
- How to answer their followup questions
- How to thank them and follow up after the c0nversation
Come join us in Canton on the 6th. As always, coffee, tea and snacks will be available.
Speaker Fred Nothnagel
- Fred Nothnagel’s professional background spans more than 30 years and a wide range of roles and industries. Following a few years at a vocational rehabilitation agency, he launched his business career with Polaroid Corporation in production management and industrial Engineering. For the next 12 years he was an engineering manager at Augat, Millipore and Boston Scientific.
In 1995 he embarked on his current career motivating, training and coaching professionals to reach their career goals. He was a Senior Career Marketing Consultant and consultant trainer with a nationwide career consulting firm for 14 years. For 24 years he has been the Executive Director of WIND, where he has led hundreds of workshops in career exploration and job search skills, in addition to facilitating weekly meetings.
He has also been retained by the U.S. Air Force at Hanscom AFB to conduct job search seminars for retiring military and civilian personnel. An invited speaker at Boston-area colleges and professional associations, he delivered a keynote address at the 2009 national conference of the Career Resource Management Association.
Cost to Attend
No advance registration required
New members: $20 [ includes one-time $10 registration fee ]
Returning members: $10
Coffee and refreshments